Cooking Light's Chili Mac.
You can cook Cooking Light's Chili Mac using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cooking Light's Chili Mac
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 lb of Trader Joe's Beefless Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1/2 c of water.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce, no salt added.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of diced tomatoes, no salt added.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of red beans, drained.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 c of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of frozen corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Trader Joe's corn chips.
Cooking Light's Chili Mac instructions
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add green pepper and saute until soft. Add some water to saute and prevent scorching if needed. Also you may cover, stirring frequently to hasten cooking along..
- Add Beefless Ground Beef and garlic. Saute until heated through and slightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes covered to combine flavors..
- Heat 1-2 quarts of water in a small saucepan to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain when cooked..
- Add canned tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, red beans, and tomato paste to Beefless beef mixture and stir to combine..
- Add elbow macaroni and corn. Stir to combine. Add chili powder, cumin and salt. You may add pepper if you prefer. I use Chimayo chile powder and recommend it if you can obtain it..
- Cook for 30 minutes simmering on low medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent scorching. Add 1/4 c of water if needed. The final result should not be very saucy..
- Serve in shallow bowls, top with cheddar cheese. Corn chips on the side. Use to scoop up chili mac or crumbled on top. Both are preferred methods in our house..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of green living that many folks appreciate. It is possible to attain this, even in this fast-paced world we live in. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Unfortunately, majority of people don’t trouble themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re bombarded with adverts for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem instantly. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some essential alterations in your life. Unlike buying a car, you can’t exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You must look after your health while you can. Your body cannot work properly if it does not get the right nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you like the taste or do you go for nutritious foods? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food joint or get junk food at the local mini mart? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that most people consume, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, hypertension, and other diseases due to the foods they consume. Many people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. Lots of good food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Almost all grocery stores now carry organic foods. There you will be able to find what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. Eating these superfoods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how well you will soon feel. Your body will start to function as it was meant to when you provide it with the right nutrition. This in turn will enable your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. Make sure you add these superfoods into your daily diet. To start, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, plus an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Be sure to include proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight problems. Green living provides you with a solid eating plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.