Preparing and Serving Crayfish.
You can cook Preparing and Serving Crayfish using 3 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Preparing and Serving Crayfish
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh live crayfish (crafish/ crawdads) yields about 1 cup.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgn olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
Preparing and Serving Crayfish step by step
- BUYING FRESH CRAYFISH: This is a fresh crayfish recipe. For best results, plan ahead and cook shortly after purchasing..
- Choose crayfish similar in size..
- Look for active crayfish..
- Once back in the kitchen, put crayfish in large bowl..
- Important! Do not put on plate..
- Work quickly while keeping an eye on the crayfish..
- PREPARING POT FOR CRAYFISH: Put enough water in the pot to cover crayfish once they are cleaned. (Optional: add salt, garlic, lemon, any flavorings you prefer.).
- Put heat on hi as want a strong boil..
- PREPARING DIPPING SAUCE: Whisk olive oil and lemon until creamy. Add cayenne pepper, if desire..
- CLEANING CRAYFISH: Pour some salt over crayfish..
- Cover with fresh water..
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir the crayfish for about 2 to 3 minutes..
- Rinse well..
- Add to boiling water..
- Cook until the color changes to a deep red. About 2 to 3 minutes..
- Remove crayfish immediately from water..
- EATING CRAYFISH: With your hands, break in two sections. (optional: Top part consume juice /flesh and then discard).
- Bottom section peel off one side of the shell..
- Should slip out..
- Peel off back and remove sand vein..
- Dip in lemon oil sauce or drizzle with lemon juice..
- So yummy!.
Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food Many of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are not good and to be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that basically can improve your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try several of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are fantastic for helping you battle depression. Just make sure that you don’t toss out the egg yolk. Whenever you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolks in particular, are high in B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to raise your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Try to eat an egg and feel a lot happier! Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all fantastic for helping to raise your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a great protein food source. Cold water fish are great if you wish to feel better. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all full of omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight back depression. Grains can be wonderful for fighting a terrible mood. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all wonderful for helping you feel happier. These grains can help you feel full for longer as well, which is a mood improver. Feeling hungry can be terrible! These grains can help your mood elevate as it’s not at all hard for your body to digest them. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood. Green tea is excellent for moods. You were just waiting to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You already knew that green tea helps you become better. Now you are aware that it can help raise your mood as well! Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try these hints instead!