Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice. This is the most viral instant pot hibachi fried rice recipe out there! While I love ordering steak, shrimp, chicken and veggies, my favorite thing at any Hibachi place is the Hibachi Fried Rice that is served at the top of the meal. Who doesn't love a night out at a Hibachi restaurant like Benihana (or Gasho of Japan from where I'm from)?!
Skip the takeout and whip up delicious pressure cooker fried rice. And this Japanese Hibachi Style Instant Pot Fried Rice recipe is one made at home restaurant quality dish that we keep coming back to again and again. This Hibachi Fried Rice is packed with amazingly savory flavor & has perfectly cooked Jasmine rice, frozen veggies, delicious chunks of scrambled egg. You can cook Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice
- You need 1.5 cups of Jasmine White Rice (Rinsed very well).
- You need 1 cup of frozen thawed carrots & peas.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- You need 5 of small eggs whisked.
- It’s 1 tsp of regular white sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped scallions (for garnish).
- It’s 6 tbsp of avocado oil divided into equal parts (or use any neutral oil).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Water.
- Prepare of For the Rice 1 tsp Avocado oil 1/2 tsp Salt.
Hibachi-style fried rice cooked with chicken, green onions, and eggs is a quick and easy side dish to an Asian-inspired meal. One of my favorite parts of hibachi is the fried rice and I was determined to make it at home. This recipe is quick and easy and is sure to be a big hit. The Instant pot that Air Fries.
Instant Pot Hibachi Fried Rice step by step
- Rinse the rice very well several times under running tap water until clear water runs through. This is very important and prevents the rice from becoming sticky. An excellent way to rinse the surface starch of rice..
- Add the rinsed rice to the steel insert of the Instant Pot along with equal amounts of water, 1 tsp avocado oil or any neutral oil & 1/2 tsp salt. This instantly flavors up the cooked rice & the oil keeps the grains nice & fluffy..
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot, seal the Valve. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 3 minutes..
- Once the pressure cooking cycle is over the Instant Pot will begin to beep. Wait for 10 minutes NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE and than release the rest of the pressure manually by moving the valve from the sealing to the venting position..
- Carefully open the lid of the pot and gently fluff the steamed Jasmine Rice with the help of a fork..
- Immediately transfer the cooked rice into a bowl or a large plate allow it to cool down and than pop it in the fridge to chill it. In the meantime proceed with the rest of the recipe. Chilling the rice will help you make the best ever Hibachi fried Rice and keep the rice grains nice and fluffy..
- Scramble the eggs Set the Instant Pot on SAUTE and keep it on NORMAL. Add 3 tbsp oil into the steel insert of the Instant Pot..
- When the oil becomes moderately hot add the whisked eggs and do not stir for about 10 seconds. Reduce the heat to LOW..
- Stir the eggs every now and than until they scramble into large chunks. Set aside the scrambled eggs. It’s very important to keep the scrambled egg pieces large. We’ll break them later..
- Make the Hibachi Fried Rice Before you begin assembling the Hibachi Fried Rice set the SAUTE function of your Instant Pot to NORMAL..
- Now, add 3 tbsp oil. When the oil becomes moderately hot add the chopped onions and saute until the begin to become limp or translucent..
- Next, add the thawed frozen veggies like diced carrots & peas (read Notes below). Saute the veggies along with the sugar for about 2-3 mins for crisp tender veggies and saute a little longer for softer veggies. It’s upto you..
- It’s time to mix in the chilled cooked Jasmine Rice. Reduce the Instant Pot Heat to LOW. Mix the rice in two batches. This will help to incorporate the veggies very well with the rice without stirring too much. I always use a spatula and than a fork to mix the rice in stages and I do it gently. As a result the rice grains do not break..
- Once you are done mixing the chilled rice add the sauce and the sesame oil. I love to mix the sauce with the oil and than pour them together. Once again gently mix the fried rice so that each rice grain is beautifully coated with the sauce. A fork always helps to fluff and mix the fried rice..
- Turn off the Instant Pot and add back the scrambled eggs. Before adding them break the larger chunks into slightly smaller chunks about 1/2 or 1 inch long. Gently mix it with the Hibachi Fried rice and enjoy restaurant quality meal with some Yum Yum sauce..
- Fridge: Lasts for 6 days in the fridge when stored in air tight container. Freezer: Lasts for 3 months when stored in portion sized freezer safe bags or containers. Easier to thaw & re-heat..
The rice was perfect – even better than when I use our Japanese electric rice cooker (and verified by my Japanese-born family members who did not realize that my "best rice ever" was. This is a very simple and light fried rice that isn't doused in oil, has a delicious sesame/veggie flavor and is very satisfying – especially with some homemade Japanese mustard sauce And the best part? Thanks to cooking it in your Instant Pot, your clothes won't smell like you just exited a Hibachi sauna! This Instant Pot Fried Rice won't have that true Hibachi texture (that's Japanese after all), but the Fried Rice will still be delicious. Plus, for Hibachi Fried Rice, butter is used.
Going Green for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One terrific feature of going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is achievable regardless of how filled and frantic your life is. We must get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Numerous folks have the attitude of ruining the body today, and mend it with a pill tomorrow. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem right away. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You have to learn how to look after your body the soonest you can. Proper nutrition is important for your body to run at top levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are putting in your mouth is beneficial for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and high fat food that almost all people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are regularly occurring. More and more individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they eat. Many people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more concerned about their health. A lot of healthy food are now found at your local health food store
or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. This food section is filled with what are now known as superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been proven to slow down or reverse certain diseases. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. When you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how well you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to run. By doing this, your immune system will easily fight off illnesses. You must have some superfoods in your diet each day. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are some other superfoods to add. Furthermore, you have to eat yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight problems. You will enjoy good health once you opt to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.