Taco Enchilada Lasagna. Great recipe for Taco Enchilada Lasagna. It's an awesome way to make Mexicanish food that isn't the same ol taco/burrito formula. I actually thought I invented this until I started downloading recipie apps, lookin around and found a bunch of takes on this haha oh well.
Okay, while the name may not roll off the tongue as easily, this Mexican lasagna recipe made with tortillas, ground beef, enchilada sauce, refried beans, cheese, tomatoes and taco toppings is a delicious twist on traditional lasagna that is sure to become a dinnertime favorite. Taco Lasagna Mexican Lasagna is an easy casserole that's loaded with your favorite taco flavors for a weeknight meal the whole family loves! Our Taco Lasagna recipe couldn't be easier! You can have Taco Enchilada Lasagna using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taco Enchilada Lasagna
- It’s 3 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 pack of authentic corn tortillas (can sub flour but corn works better).
- Prepare 2 packs of taco seasoning.
- It’s 2-3 of green onion.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 of bottle/can enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 of LARGE bag Mexican shredded cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of diced garlic.
- It’s 2 of tbls cumin powder.
- You need 1 of container pico de gallo.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Fresh cilantro (chopped).
It's made with soft flour tortillas, seasoned taco ground beef, pico de gallo and cheese… ohhh creamy, melty, ooey-gooey cheese. In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in tomato soup, picante sauce or salsa and refried beans. Combine the chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan and put over high heat.
Taco Enchilada Lasagna instructions
- Brown the beef. Drain fat. Add about 2/3 cup water, onions and garlic and the packets of taco seasoning. Cook until all ingredients are cooked together and hot on medium heat giving the onions and garlic time to soften a bit. About 8-10 more mins. Set to the side to allow it to cool..
- I used an 11×7 glass baking pan. 13×9 can also be used. Grease the dish. Put down a layer of shells. I try to cover as much of the area as possible without overlap which means you'll have to pull a couple tortillas in half, even quarters. See pic..
- Now we're going to layer, like lasagna. I do a layer of enchilada sauce first. Thinly covering the shells. Next spoon the cooled taco meat on top of the sauce. Next cover the meat with a healthy layer of cheese. I LOVE cheese so I do a REALLY healthy layer. Now this is where the secret method comes in.. On the cheese layer gently sprinkle some of your cumin powder directly onto it. Then sprinkle some of your chopped fresh cilantro in the same way..
- Repeat step 3 till you reach almost the top of the baking pan. You should be looking at the cheese/cumin/cilantro layer. The top layer will pretty much be the same– Do another layer of tortillas. Sauce Cheese (Only cheese for top layer, no cumin or cilantro) Top the finished pan with your chopped green onion..
- Cover pan loosely with tin foil. Loosely because you don't want the cheese sticking to the foil. Put in middle rack of oven at 375 for 20-30 mins If it's not as melted as you'd like, uncover and continue to bake until desired doneness. The objective of the oven is not to cook, just to melt everything together and make it hot..
- Cut into square pieces, use a spatula to dish out a piece onto a plate or shallow bowl, top with the pico de gallo (diced tomato, onion, jalapeño and cilantro) and sour cream and enjoy!!.
Set aside until ready to use. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. With layers of corn tortillas, spicy ground beef, salsa and cheese, this stacked beef enchilada casserole is a family-pleaser. Directions In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin.
Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food In general, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super healthy and good for you. Several foods honestly do improve your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are terrific for helping you combat depression. You should be sure, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you improve your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Try eating an egg and cheer up! Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all helpful for raising your mood. This is possible because these foods are rich in magnesium which increases your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that tells your brain how you feel at all times. The more of it in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of improving your mood, can be a superb protein source. If you wish to beat depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all loaded with omega-3 and DHA. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can seriously raise your mood. Grains can be great for driving away a terrible mood. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly excellent for helping raise your happiness levels. They can help you feel full for longer too, which is a mood improver. Feeling hungry can truly bring you down! The reason these grains elevate your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your sugar levels which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with a specific amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental focus while calming the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are well aware that green tea helps you to lift your moods as well! You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try a few of these instead!