Focaccia Croque Monsieur Bread. Put all the bread dough ingredients into a bread machine and start the "dough" program. Put the yeast in the specified location. Leave the bread machine do all the work until the first rising is complete.
I mean, this thing is like a gourmet grilled cheese with sauce, and now herbed deliciousness. It's a crisp, buttery, fried ham and cheese sandwich popular in French bistros. Here, thin slices of ham and Swiss are layered between focaccia dough for the ultimate stuffed sourdough sandwich. You can have Focaccia Croque Monsieur Bread using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Focaccia Croque Monsieur Bread
- Prepare 200 grams of or French bread flour or all-purpose bread flour (Lys d'Or brand recommended), or substitute with bread and cake flour.
- Prepare 5 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 4 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Skim milk powder.
- You need 20 grams of Virgin olive oil.
- It’s 120 ml of Water.
- You need 3 grams of Instant Dry Yeast.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 1 of Bechamel sauce.
- It’s 4 of to 8 slices Easy melt sliced cheese (see Hints).
- You need 4 slice of Ham.
- It’s of To finish.
- It’s 1 of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of Krazy Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Dried parsley.
The surface is painted with piquant Dijon mustard and dolloped generously with creamy ricotta to finish. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until fully incorporated. Using large spatula or flexible bench scraper, fold dough inside bowl a couple of times to deflate.
Focaccia Croque Monsieur Bread instructions
- Make the bechamel sauce, and let it cool..
- Put all the bread dough ingredients into a bread machine and start the "dough" program. Put the yeast in the specified location. Leave the bread machine do all the work until the first rising is complete..
- When the dough is done, take it out, deflate and divide into 4 pieces. Round off each piece, and cover with a tightly wrung moistened kitchen towel. Leave to rest for 15 minutes..
- Roll the dough out into a square, spread the middle with bechame sauce, and top with a slice each of ham and cheese folded in half. Bring the opposing corners of the dough together as shown..
- Bring all 4 corners of the dough together, and pinch to seal the seams..
- Place the 4 pieces of dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Setting your oven to the bread-rising setting, leave the dough to rise at 35 °C for 35-40 minutes (2nd rising)..
- When the dough has risen, start preheating the oven to 210 °C. While waiting, brush the tops of the bread with olive oil and make several indentations in them using your fingers or the thick end of a chopstick..
- Brush a little more olive oil on the dough so that some of it pools in the indentations. Sprinkle with Krazy Salt and parsley to finish..
- Lower the oven temperature to 200°C and bake for 15 minutes. Adjust the temperature and baking time depending on your oven. If it looks like the bread is browning too fast, cover with a sheet of foil..
- I recommend eating these piping hot fresh out of the oven. I added skim milk powder to the dough to make it more tender, but they're also good cold..
- You can warm these up in a toaster oven after they've turned cold to revive the soft, fluffy texture..
- I used this instant bechamel sauce mix that you can make by just adding milk..
- The dough gets flattened when you make the indentations, so I give this a shorter 2nd rising than for usual bread..
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper. Mix in the vegetable oil and water. Liberally sprinkle the top of the focaccia with some coarse sea salt and lightly drizzle a little oil on top. Choose your own fillings. • The Italian focaccia has become a very popular hot sandwich variety in recent years. • Cut the focaccia roll open, butter and fill with tasty ingredients such as prosciutto, avocado, cheese and rocket. • Place in a focaccia/sandwich press to heat and brown the focaccia. The answer is the fancy French version of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.
Foods That Can Make You Happy A lot of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are terrible and are to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be very nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that basically can raise your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, test out a few of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are wonderful for helping you fight depression. Just be sure that you don’t toss out the egg yolk. When you want to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you elevate your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–run better. Try to eat an egg and feel a lot better! Make a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be elevated by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The higher your serotonin levels, the happier you will feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a terrific protein food source. Cold water fish are great for eating if you want to combat depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all loaded with omega-3s and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can really help you overcome your depression. It’s not difficult to overcome your bad mood when you are eating grains. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all excellent for helping you feel happier. They can help you feel full for longer as well, which can help your mood too. Feeling famished can really make you feel awful! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not difficult to digest. You digest these grains quicker than other things which can help boost your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise. Green tea is excellent for moods. You knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid basically induces brain waves. This helps better your mental sharpness while calming the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to become healthy when you drink green tea. And now you are aware that it can help you be happier as well! See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try some of these suggestions instead.