You can cook Egg Tart using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg Tart
- Prepare of 🥚 Crust.
- You need 130 g (1 cup) of all-purpose flour.
- You need 84 (6 tbsp) of cold unsalted butter, cubed.
- You need 34 g (5 tbsp) of powdered or icing sugar.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of 🥚 Filling.
- Prepare 40 g (3 tbsp) of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 75 ml (5 tbsp) of hot water.
- It’s 45 ml (3 tbsp) of milk.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
Egg Tart step by step
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, place flour, sugar, salt, and butter. Rub the butter into the dry mixture with our fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. Alternatively, we can use a fork or pastry blender..
- Add the yolk and mix until it comes together and forms a ball..
- Transfer onto a cling wrap. Cover and chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- To make custard filling: In a small bowl, stir sugar with hot water until completely dissolved. Set it aside to cool..
- In a medium pouring jar, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed. Add the sugar syrup and whisk again to combine..
- To get a smooth custard, strain the mixture twice. First into another bowl, then back into the pouring jar..
- Assembly: On a lightly floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a thickness of 3/4-inch (0.5 cm)..
- Using the same size cookie cutter as the tart mold, cut as many circles as possible from the dough. I used 2¾-inches (7 cm) tart mold and cookie cutter..
- Gently press each cut-out into the tart molds..
- Prick the bottom of each tart shell with a fork for about 10 times. These holes will allow steam to release from the dough while baking and prevent it from puffing up..
- Pour the custard filling into the tart shell. Fill each up to 75%..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of custard can stand on its own. If the custard filling cooks too quickly and bubbles up, open the oven door a little for about 10 seconds..
- Remove tartlets from the shells once cool. Enjoy!.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Optimal Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that a lot of individuals appreciate. This is attainable no matter how filled and hectic your life is. We need to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Numerous people have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. Everywhere you look, you read about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Naturally, some of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike buying a car, you can’t exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You shouldn’t delay or it will be too late to look after your health. Your body requires the right nutrients to function at its optimum levels. When you eat, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you regularly eat junk food and lots of fried foods from fast food joints? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and greasy food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. The things we are consuming are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Nowadays it is much easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most probably, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. In this aisle, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been found to delay certain diseases, or even reverse them. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. You will begin to feel a lot better when you opt to ingest the superfoods in place of junk food. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off illnesses. Your daily diet must include at least several of these super foods. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, together with a mix of nuts, primarily walnuts. Moreover, you need to eat yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. You will enjoy optimal health once you choose to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits right now.