Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl. To serve, fill squash halves with sausage mixture. Add the chorizo and veggie mixture and add an egg to each bowl. Top with cilantro leaves and tender stems.
The recipe below works with legit any sausage that floats your boat – from t-rex-tastic options to the underrated (and still delicious!) vegan sausage options on the market right now. Find your favorite and make these easy peasy bowls for lunch or dinner! Smoked sausage adds tons of flavor to this hearty Southern stew that hails from South Carolina. You can cook Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter or margarine, or 4 tbsp.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of smoked sausage, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a large onion, diced.
- It’s 3 of small/medium yellow squash, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 head) of chopped cabbage.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of Good pinch crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- You need 6 of green onions including green part, chopped.
- Prepare of Rice:.
- You need 3 cups of water or broth.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
Tender chicken, rice, and sausage come together in a flavorful herb-scented This autumnal dish uses sausage, butternut squash, apples, and tomatoes for a zesty stew that will really hold you over. Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash and Guacamole Rice Bowls. Sheet pan roasted chicken breasts, butternut squash and red onion served with black beans, brown rice and guacamole make this a healthy meal in a bowl that is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. When savory charred sausage meets sweet butternut squash and blueberries, it's a match made in heaven.
Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl step by step
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the crushed red pepper. Add cubed sausage and and let it lightly start browning. Add the onion and a little pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the cubed squash, pepper and sauté for a few more minutes. Add the chopped cabbage, a sprinkle more of pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the garlic powder. Now add the 1 cup of hot water and dissolved bullion cube. Stir, reduce heat and partially cover..
- Allow it to reduce a little. While that happens make your pot of rice. Mix the water rice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and let the water steam out about 15-20 minutes..
- Serve the sausage and veg mix over rice and sprinkle with fresh chopped green onions..
Lu Rou Fan (Taiwanses Pork Rice Bowl)Pork. A sausage and cauliflower rice stuffing is seasoned with lots of fresh herbs and served toasty in roasted acorn squash bowls. Stuffed acorn squash is one of my absolute favorite things to cook in the fall. I have three other stuffed acorn squash recipes on the blog and they're all delicious – you. Pair this turkey sausage- and brown rice-stuffed squash with a simple green salad for a delicious, satisfying meal.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One terrific thing about green living is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We need to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Most folks think nothing of mistreating their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the newest pill to treat your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you keep on doing the same old unhealthy habits. Once your body wears out, you can’t get a new one, like your car. You must look after your health while you are able to. Your body cannot function properly if it fails to receive proper nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you enjoy what they taste or do you decided to eat healthy foods? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? Consuming sugar and starches, and also fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are discovered all of the time? There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and several others, likely triggered by the foods that are ingested. Individuals are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Many healthy food can now be being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in nearly all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods are 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. You will discover that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these superfoods. You will start to feel a lot better when you opt to eat the superfoods instead of junk food. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any health condition. See to it that you incorporate these superfoods into your diet. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, primarily walnuts. Be sure to eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. When you eat these superfoods regularly, you should not have to worry about any problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living eating plan will give you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system gets healthier. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.