Pineapple Thai Rice with Jumbo Shrimp and Chicken. Ingredients of Pineapple Thai Rice with Jumbo Shrimp and Chicken. Add the precooked rice and rest of marinade until sticky, mixing chicken and shrimp as well as shallots into the mix. Serve into each half of sliced pineapple and garnish with cilantro.
It's a hearty, tasty side dish or a complete meal in itself. This special fried rice includes juicy pineapple and plump shrimp or prawns in addition to vegetables, plus a touch of sweetness (currants or raisins) and crunch (cashews) for a taste sensation in every bite. This is one of the signature dishes of Thailand, often served on a pretty platter or in a carved-out pineapple. You can cook Pineapple Thai Rice with Jumbo Shrimp and Chicken using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Thai Rice with Jumbo Shrimp and Chicken
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 30 grams of butter.
- Prepare 3 of shallots (minced).
- You need 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 100 grams of boneless chicken breast cut in bite size pieces (marinated).
- You need 6 of Jumbo Shrimp or prawns (peeled).
- Prepare 350 grams of cooked basmati or jasmine rice.
- You need 1 of whole pineapple (100 grams aprox of its flesh).
- You need 2 tbsp of roasted cashew nuts.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried raisins (I prefer golden).
- Prepare 1 of cilantro for garnish.
- Prepare of Marinate sauce for chicken.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pineapple juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of chicken seasoning powder.
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice with Shrimp is a unique tropical twist on fried rice that's best served right in the pineapple shell. Summer is around the corner and fresh tropical fruit is in season. One of my favorites is pineapple, everything from chili on top to Pina Coladas! The cashews were super crunchy and I didn't like that when I first ate it.
Pineapple Thai Rice with Jumbo Shrimp and Chicken instructions
- Marinate cut chicken with sauce and leave standing 30 minutes.
- Slice pineapple in half and carve flesh out, aprox 100 grams of the flesh (or about half of its total is used in the rice, the rest can be put away).
- Hear oil and butter in wok, stir fry shallot and garlic for about 30 seconds, then add chicken (save marinate) cook until well done, then add prawns and cook until pink..
- Add the precooked rice and rest of marinade until sticky, mixing chicken and shrimp as well as shallots into the mix..
- Add pineapple, roasted cashew nuts, raisins and stir (2-3 minutes). Serve into each half of sliced pineapple and garnish with cilantro..
I had enough for leftovers, and when I ate it that night the cashews had softened up. Fluffy rice studded with juicy chunks of pineapple and shrimp comes together with the signature flavors of South East Asia, including ground ginger, cilantro and red pepper. Remove shrimp to a plate with a slotted spoon. Pineapple Fried Rice (Chicken & Shrimp) at Saeng Thai House "Ordered online and pick it up. When we're arrived we can't go inside and there's sign at the door to call ( great idea Big jumbo portion and the most important think all are super… Cut the chicken breast meat into slices.
Information on How to Improve Your Mood with Food For the most part, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely healthy and good for you. There are a number of foods that basically can boost your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, would you believe, are terrific for helping you battle depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolk especially, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for elevating your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that control your mood. Eat an egg and be happy! Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all good for raising your mood. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which promotes serotonin production. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more serotonin in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein source. Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you wish to fight depression. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly elevate your mood. Grains can be good for driving away a bad mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are terrific at helping you feel better. These foods fill you up better and that can help you with your moods too. Feeling hungry can actually bring you down! These grains can help your mood elevate because it’s not at all difficult for your body to digest them. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood. Green tea is actually good for your mood. You were sure green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is loaded with a specific amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies prove that this particular amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This helps improve your mental focus while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you become better. Now you know that green tea helps you to lift your moods too! See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!