Lee Minnichelli's Savory Chicken Soup FUSF. Lee Minnichelli's Savory Chicken Soup FUSF The chef: "It's pretty "loosey goosey" or should I say, "loosey chickeny?" jimkmaus. Lee Minnichelli's Savory Chicken Soup FUSF. Here is how you achieve it.
This is a more Southern style cornbread. Emphasis on the corn, not the sugar. And the medium grind corn meal gives it a good, toothsome bite. You can cook Lee Minnichelli's Savory Chicken Soup FUSF using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lee Minnichelli's Savory Chicken Soup FUSF
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 lb of (more or less) boneless chicken breast (or left over chicken), cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1-2 of onions, diced.
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 8-12 cups of water (or chicken stock).
- It’s 2-4 of celery stalks, diced.
- You need of Carrots cut in small pieces (use more or less to your liking).
- Prepare of Chicken bouillon, amount according to amount of water used (I use Better than Bullion in a jar).
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need of Oregano to taste (dried).
- Prepare of Basil to taste (dried).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (left over jarred or whatever you have).
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of or more, according to how noodley you like your soup, of one of the following: orzo, dittalini, macaroni, or any noodle you prefer.
Bring to a boil over high heat,. Put the bones and carcass from a leftover chicken (they can be in pieces) in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook. For the best chicken soup, I use chicken thighs.
Lee Minnichelli's Savory Chicken Soup FUSF instructions
- Pour olive oil in a large soup pot. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until translucent..
- Add chicken pieces and cook until done..
- Add water and bullion (or chicken stock). Add diced celery and carrots. Add tomato sauce. Bring to a boil..
- Turn heat to simmer and add spices. Simmer for at least 15-30 minutes..
- Bring to a boil again and add noodles. Lower heat and cook until noodles are done, stir occasionally to prevent noodles from sticking to bottom of pan, according to package directions..
Chicken soup is better when made with darker meat. Chicken thighs become tender and soft in the soup — similar to how the chicken turns out in our recipe for shredded chicken. Chicken breast doesn't tenderize and stays firm in the soup. You can use both cuts of chicken, but thighs will. I've made it twice and just can't force myself to put the packet of chicken soup mix in it.
Foods That Make You Happy For the most part, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these. Eggs, would you believe, are wonderful for helping you battle depression. Just be sure that you do not toss the egg yolk. Every time you would like to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, especially the yolks, are full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for raising your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that dictate your mood. Eat a few eggs to feel better! Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not just that but nuts, particularly, are a great source of protein. Cold water fish are great for eating if you are wanting to fight depression. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fats. These are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you fight your depression. Grains can be wonderful for overcoming a terrible mood. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are excellent at helping you feel happier. They help you feel full as well which can really help to make your mood better. Feeling starved can actually make you feel terrible! These grains can help your mood elevate as it’s easy for your body to digest them. You digest these grains more quickly than other things which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise. Green tea is truly great for your mood. You were simply waiting to read that, weren’t you? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this particular amino acid can basically stimulate brain waves. This helps better your mental focus while calming the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you feel better. Now you know green tea can help you be happier too! As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.