Mother Freakin' Hamburger Soup That Doesn't Suck. I like to brown the meat first so it is already separated and the grease content is low. Add onion soup mix, pepper, seasoned salt, oregano, basil, onion, celery, carrots, tomato sauce, and soy sauce to the slow cooker. Add as much beef broth as you like.
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Using a slotted spoon, remove the. Hamburger soup is a hearty and nourishing one pot meal that's made with ground beef (also called "hamburger" meat), vegetables and often potatoes, macaroni (or other pasta), rice or barley. You can cook Mother Freakin' Hamburger Soup That Doesn't Suck using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mother Freakin' Hamburger Soup That Doesn't Suck
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 packet of onion soup mix.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of oregano.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of basil.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots, chopped.
- You need 8 oz can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s of Beef broth or water and beef bullion.
- You need 1 cup of macaroni noodles (or whatever pasta you prefer, no one is here to judge).
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
The base is typically a thin beef or tomato-based broth, but you can also find creamy versions (sometimes called Cheeseburger Soup ). Hamburger Soup is an easy and quick soup to put together and the perfect weeknight dinner solution. The simmer does help meld the flavors together but it is still delicious without the hour or so of simmering. Hamburger Soup Recipe like Campbell's Noodles & Ground Beef.
Mother Freakin' Hamburger Soup That Doesn't Suck instructions
- Put meat in slow cooker. I like to brown the meat first so it is already separated and the grease content is low..
- Add onion soup mix, pepper, seasoned salt, oregano, basil, onion, celery, carrots, tomato sauce, and soy sauce to the slow cooker..
- Add as much beef broth as you like. Or, if you are like me and prefer to add water and bullion cubes make sure you add one cube per 1 – 1 1/2 cups of water. The amount of broth depends on what you like. Because the pasta (see below step) absorbs so much, I would say to put at least 5 or 6 cups of broth in. If you dont like a lot of broth, put in less. There is no legal statute dictating how much to put in. Gotta love America..
- Cook for no less than 4 hours to get the flavors to swirl around. Plus, don't you love the intoxicating aroma of soup filling the halls of your house? Any longer than 8 hours, even on low setting, can dry the meat out, especially if you substitute with ground turkey..
- 15 to 20 minutes prior to serving, add the macaroni. I like the whole wheat kind. It gives me the illusion that I am somehow being healthier. If you like science, watch the broth levels lower while the mass of the noodles increase..
- Serve with parmesan cheese on top. It gives the soup that extra something special..
- Photos are forthcoming once I make this again. DISCLAIMER: if you like soup that sucks, this one is not for you. If you like soup that doesn't suck, then you my friend are in for a treat!.
When my Grandma always made her hamburger soup, she never added noodles. I loved it that way, but when I was missing my favorite Campbell's soup one day, I thought that maybe I could come close to my old favorite if I added noodles. When it comes to easy dinner recipes, I rely a lot on ground beef. Since I always have ground beef in the freezer, I end up making this scrumptious hamburger soup at least a couple times a month. It's a no-fuss recipe that brings so much flavor to the dinner table.
Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood A lot of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we should stay away from them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly healthy and good for us to eat. Several foods really do improve your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you combat depression. Just make sure that you don’t get rid of the yolk. The egg yolk is the most important part of the egg in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk especially, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be great for raising your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–function better. Consume an egg and feel a lot better! Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all wonderful for elevating your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which boosts your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The more of it you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a fantastic protein food source. Cold water fish are great for eating if you wish to fight depression. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3s. These are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression. It’s not difficult to fight your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all wonderful for helping you feel happier. These grains can help you feel full for longer also, helping you feel better. Feeling hungry can actually make you feel terrible! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your sugar levels which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is truly great for your mood. You were simply anticipating to read that in this article, weren’t you? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have found that this particular amino acid can basically stimulate brain waves. This helps improve your mental focus while relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to become healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that applies to your mood too! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!