Red Velvet Pancakes. Cooking & baking supplies and more. Learn how to make pancakes and treat your guests to a special breakfast with this red velvet pancakes recipe. Whisk the cream cheese, sour cream, milk and confectioners' sugar until smooth in a medium bowl; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Whisk the flour, white sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl until evenly blended; set aside. You can cook Red Velvet Pancakes using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Pancakes
- You need 1/2 cup of complete pancake mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of decadent red velvet cupcake mix.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of splash of milk.
Beat the eggs in a separate mixing bowl until smooth. Red Velvet Cupcakes are one of my all time favorites so I think they definitely deserve to be made in breakfast form. Don't they just have Christmas written all over them? With such a vibrant and beautiful red there's not really a more fitting or festive breakfast to serve up on Christmas morning.
Red Velvet Pancakes instructions
- I used my griddle iron with this recipe, you don't want it to be too hot or your pancake will brown slightly. I recommend seeing it a little under 350 not over 360..
- Grease your griddle or pan lightly with cooking oil, olive oil, or if you have some spray on like PAM..
- In a medium or large bowl pour in your measured amounts of complete pancake mix and your red velvet mix..
- Add your water and mix. The mix well be pasty from the red velvet mix. that is ok, that's how it's suppose to be..
- Take your butter and I'm small pieces drop it into the mix..
- Add one or two splashes of milk. I used 2% milk (personally), mix by hand. I mixed with a simple spoon. there will be small lumps of butter and that is fine. mix until there isn't many but they will not be of any harm. you can probably mix with your mixer to make your mixture smoother, if not you'll be fine..
- Once griddle is hot, pour on your mixture until you've reached your desired size..
- Allow them to cook just as you would any pancakes. Until it bubbles on the top and flip. I recommend 2-3 minutes each side but keep an eye on them as it may not take as long. you don't want them to cook too long..
- Once they are done I like to drizzle then with an homemade icing made from cream cheese..
- I'm not sure if this recipe works with any other pancake and red velvet mixes. I wanted red velvet pancakes and gave this a try and they came out PERFECT for me and my boys. A great alternative to making them completely from scratch. I truly hope you guys enjoy..
How to Make Red Velvet Pancakes. Combine all ingredients into a large bowl, mixing until all the lumps disappear. If the batter is too thick, add more milk. Heat a griddle to a medium high temp. How to make red velvet pancakes from scratch: Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
Use Food to Improve Your Mood Many of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we need to keep away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be really healthy and good for you. A number of foods honestly do boost your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these. Eggs, you may be amazed to learn, are wonderful at fighting depression. Just see to it that you don’t get rid of the yolk. The yolk is the most important part of the egg in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, specifically the yolks, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you boost your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that control your mood. Try to eat an egg and feel a lot happier! Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all great for helping to boost your mood. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which raises serotonin production. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Nuts, in addition to bettering your mood, can be a superb source of protein. If you want to battle depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you overcome your depression. Grains can be great for driving away a terrible mood. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all excellent for helping you feel better. These grains can help you feel full for longer too, helping you feel better. Feeling starved can actually bring you down! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are easy for your body to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood. Green tea is actually good for your mood. You knew it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea is high in a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid essentially stimulates brain waves. This will improve your brain’s concentration while also relaxing the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you become better. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood as well! As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.