You can cook Hamburger Gravy using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy
- Prepare of Beef.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of peas (do not drain).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion (chopped).
- It’s 1-2 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- You need 1 packet of brown gravy mix (I usually use McCormick's).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare 6-8 of large white or gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2-1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Hamburger Gravy instructions
- Peel and chop potatoes into small equal sized pieces. Add to salted water and boil (covered) until a white rim appears around the edge of the pot and potatoes are soft. (About 30 minutes)..
- While potatoes are boiling… brown beef and then drain fat..
- Add spices and stir (salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder)..
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft. (3 minutes or so).
- Mix gravy packet with 1 cup of cold water and add into beef..
- Simmer (uncovered) until gravy thickens..
- Add peas (undrained) and continue to simmer (uncovered) on low for 5-10 minutes allowing the gravy to thicken and the dish to get hot..
- While that simmers… drain potatoes. Quickly add butter, sour cream and milk. Beat on low for a few seconds just to mix. Add additional milk or sour cream (if needed) and beat on high until mixed. Do not over beat! I continue to add small amounts of butter, sour cream or milk until the potatoes are to my liking. I add in salt and pepper at the end and give it one more quick mix with the mixer..
- Pour gravy over mashed potatoes and enjoy!.
Going Green for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the strongest points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We have to take a step back and prevent diseases before they occur. A lot of people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and fix it with a pill later on. Wherever you look, you read about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. Of course, a number of these pills can help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike purchasing a new car, you can’t exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You must learn how to look after your health the soonest you can. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to run at optimum levels. Do you eat because something is available and you like the taste or do you go for foods that are good for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The things we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. A lot of nutritious food are now being sold at your local health food store or farmer’s market. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. There you will be able to get what science has named superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down a number of diseases, or even reverse them. You will discover that you think more clearly when you start to eat these foods. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to run optimally. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off health conditions. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, try to add some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Moreover, you have to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health once you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.