Pickled Pig Trotters. Find Deals on Pickled Pig in Groceries on Amazon. This Pickled Pig's Trotters recipe will make some of you say 'Woah Nelly!', and others of you head straight to grab a fork! If you're not from the Deep South, this definitely one of the more 'out-there' recipes I've posted but bear with me!
In a large stainless steel pot, place pig's trotters and enough water to cover. Rinse in hot water to remove excess fat. Remove as many bones as you can. You can cook Pickled Pig Trotters using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pickled Pig Trotters
- Prepare 8 lbs of split Pig trotters.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Badia Complete Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Adobo Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Don Sazon pork chop seasoning.
- You need 2 Tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 16 of garlic cloves lightly crushed.
- It’s 8 of sterilized one quart canning jars with bands and lids.
- Prepare of Red food coloring (Optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pickling salt.
- It’s 16 of dehydrated arbol chiles.
- It’s 3 quarts of white distilled vinegar.
- You need 1 quart of water.
Place trotters in large pot and cover with water and add seasonings. After pot comes to a boil remove any foamy impurities that come to top. Slice remaining onion and add to jar along with remaining salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
Pickled Pig Trotters instructions
- Wash and rinse trotters.
- Place trotters in large pot and cover with water and add seasonings. And 8 of the garlic cloves..
- After pot comes to a boil remove any foamy impurities that come to top..
- Cook until tender but not falling off the bone sbout 2 1/2 hours..
- Remove from pot rinse with warm water to remove any residual fat and let cool..
- Add two arbol chiles and one clove of garlic to each jar..
- After the trotters are cool enough to handle pack jars evenly. And add 2 drops of red food coloring to each jar. (Optional).
- Pour vinegar, water, and salt in a non reactive pot and bring to boil until salt dissolves..
- Pour brine into jars leaving 1/4 inch head space..
- Add lids and bands finger tight..
- Process in water bath canner for 40 min. (start timer when water boils).
- After processing, place on paper towels to cool. Make sure all lids have pulled down and sealed let jars rest for 7 days then enjoy. If you have a jar that does not seal store in refrigerator..
In a separate bowl, mix salt and vinegar together. Pour vinegar mixture over pig's feet to cover. Pig's trotters, served as Irish-style Crubeens in Illinois. Wonton noodles with pig's trotters braised with nam yu (fermented bean curd) Before sale, the trotters are cleaned and typically have the hairs pulled with a hot tank and beaters. They are often used in cooking to make stocks, as they add thickness to gravy, although they are also served as a normal cut of meat.
Learn How to Improve Your Mood with Food Many of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we should stay away from them. At times, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nourishing and good for us to eat. There are several foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these. Eggs, would you believe, are great for helping you combat depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk particularly, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you boost your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–function better. Eat an egg and feel better! Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that tells your brain how you feel all the time. The more serotonin you have, the better you will feel. Nuts, along with elevating your mood, can be a super source of protein. Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you wish to battle depression. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all rich in omega-3 fats and DHA. These are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can greatly elevate your mood. Some grains are truly wonderful for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are fantastic at helping you have a happier mood. These grains can help you feel full for longer also, which is a mood improver. Feeling famished can truly make you feel awful! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are easy to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood. Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You were just waiting to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid actually induces brain waves. This helps better your mental focus while calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to become healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know it can help improve your mood too! See, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Go with these tips instead!