Cong You Bin (Scallion Pancake). An informative guide to making scallion pancakes. This recipe shows you how to make them flaky, tasty and crispy. Dipping sauce suggestions are also provided.
We wanted to show you a recipe for a bit of a different style of scallion pancake, the Shanghai street food-style. The authentic Shanghai version is equally. Scallion pancakes, or 'cong you bing' in Chinese, take the flavor of green onions to a new, mouthwatering dimension in the form of these fun flatbreads. You can cook Cong You Bin (Scallion Pancake) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cong You Bin (Scallion Pancake)
- It’s 2 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cups of water.
- It’s of Vegetable oil, for drizzling.
- It’s 1 cup of Scallion or spring onion, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Dipping sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of grated garlic and ginger.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of chili garlic oil (or as preferred).
A great scallion pancake is crunchy on the outside and tender and a bit chewy on the inside. Loaded with scallions and redolent of toasted sesame oil, it makes for a great appetizer, snack, or meal on the go. Scallion pancakes or cong you bing are the quintessential Chinese snack. Scallion pancakes or Cong You Bing (葱油饼) are the quintessential Chinese snack.
Cong You Bin (Scallion Pancake) step by step
- Gradually mix water into all-purpose flour. The resulting mixture will be a bit sticky..
- Knead for 3-4 solid minutes. Then cover with cling wrap or cloth and rest for 30 minutes..
- Once rested, Knead again for 2 minutes. You will notice that the dough is smoother and a little bit elastic by then..
- Divide the dough into four portions. Dust the table and the rolling pin with flour and roll out one portion of the dough into a rough rectangle about 1 mm thin. Remember that the thinner the dough is, the flakier it will be..
- Once rolled out, rub some oil on one side and season with a salt. Place the chopped scallion and out the dough and its scallion filling into a log. Try to make it tight as possible..
- From a log shape, coil it around itself so it looks like a snail shell. Pinch the end to get it to stick..
- Flatten out the now snail-shaped dough and roll out to a thinner disk. The thinner the disk is, the crunchier it will be. Do the same for the rest of the dough..
- Add a little oil in a non-stick pan and fry the disk until browned on one side. Flip and fry the other side..
- Cut into quarters and serve with a dipping sauce of chili oil, choice of vinegar, light sodium soy sauce, and grated garlic and ginger..
When we were younger, my sister and I used to come home from school and take a scallion pancake out of the freezer to relieve those. Scallion pancake (Cong You Bing), possibly the best famous Chinese pancake in western country, has its unique charms to its lovers. The crispy out shell, the softer inner part and the beautiful layers make it dominate other Chinese pancakes. Making a perfect scallion pancake at home is quite easy. Here's what you need: flour, lukewarm water, oil, scallions, salt.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of green living that most individuals appreciate. This is doable regardless of how filled and hectic your life is. We have to get back to the point where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. Regrettably, just about people don’t worry about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. Everywhere you look, you find out about some magic pill that will straightaway fix your latest problem. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some necessary modifications in your life. When your body ceases to function right, you won’t be able to get yourself a new one. You mustn’t postpone it or it will be too late to look after your health. Your body needs proper nutrients to operate at its optimum levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or simply eat anything tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food place or get junk food at the local mini mart? Since a lot of folks choose to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. An increasing number of people are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases because of the foods they consume. People are deciding to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Healthy food is now readily available at local grocery and health food markets. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food aisle. In this section of the store, you’ll find superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been proven to delay or reverse particular illnesses. Ingesting these superfoods will help your mental health. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will notice a surprising increase in how healthy you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to run optimally. This in turn will help your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Then, try adding a few green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other foods to include. Furthermore, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you will never have a weight problem again. Observing a green living eating plan will provide you with exactly what you need to be healthy. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.