Homemade Atsuage (Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside).
You can cook Homemade Atsuage (Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside) using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Atsuage (Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside)
- It’s 1 block of Firm tofu.
- You need of For garnishing:.
- Prepare 1 of Daikon radish.
- Prepare 1 of Ginger.
Homemade Atsuage (Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside) step by step
- In a shallow container, place a rack on the bottom, and place the firm tofu wrapped with a kitchen cloth on top. On top of the tofu, place a weight (in the photo, I placed a cup filled with 300 ml of water), and set aside to drain excess water for about 20 minutes..
- The thickness of the drained tofu should be about 3/5 it's original size. You could use paper towels instead of a kitchen cloth for the process..
- Wipe off any excess water on the surface of the tofu with a paper towel, heat the oil to 180-200°C, and deep-fry until all sides are crispy..
- Once the atsuage is golden brown, transfer to a rack to drain excess oil and let it cool..
- Transfer to a plate, serve with condiments, and enjoy. Drizzle on kombu ponzu or soy sauce to taste..
Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood Many of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we have to keep away from them. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, can better your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, you might be astonished to learn, are wonderful at combating depression. Just see to it that you do not throw away the yolk. Every time you would like to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, especially the yolks, are full of B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to improve your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Eat an egg and feel happier! Make a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all wonderful for improving your mood. This is because these foods are loaded with magnesium, which helps to boost serotonin production. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more of this chemical in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein food source. Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you are wanting to combat depression. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 and DHA. These are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you overcome your depression. It’s not difficult to drive away your bad mood when you are eating grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually wonderful for helping raise your happiness levels. They help you feel full as well which can truly help to make your mood better. Feeling starved can be a real downer! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your sugar levels which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Your mood could truly be helped by green tea. You just knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies prove that this particular amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This helps better your mental focus while relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you become so much healthier. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood also! Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!