Smooth Konnyaku Shira-ae with Silken Tofu.
You can have Smooth Konnyaku Shira-ae with Silken Tofu using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smooth Konnyaku Shira-ae with Silken Tofu
- You need 1/2 of Konnyaku (cut into short strips).
- Prepare 1/2 of Carrot (thickly julienned into matchsticks).
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Spinach (chopped to 3cm lengths).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mentsuyu (3x concentrate).
- Prepare of To make the tofu dressing:.
- You need 1/2 block of Tofu (silken).
- You need 1 tbsp of Soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Miso.
- You need 2 tbsp of Ground sesame seeds (white).
Smooth Konnyaku Shira-ae with Silken Tofu instructions
- Combine the water, konnyaku, and carrot in a pot. Boil until the carrot becomes tender. Drain in a strainer and cool..
- Bring some water to a boil in a pot, add a pinch of salt (not listed) and boil the spinach. Allow the water to cool, then drain..
- Combine the konnyaku, carrot, and spinach. Flavor with the mentsuyu. Wring out the excess moisture..
- Bring some water to a boil in a pot. Cut the tofu into fourths, add to the pot, and simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes. Place in a strainer and use paper towels to drain..
- Place the tofu dressing ingredients in a bowl and use a whisk to mix together. Add the tofu while warm and combine until even..
- Toss the ingredients from Step 3 with the tofu mixture. Enjoy it while it's still a little warm, or let it cool..
How to Boost Your Mood with Food Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for you. Several foods really do boost your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, test out some of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are terrific for helping you fight depression. You need to be sure, though, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolk particularly, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you improve your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that dictate your mood. Eat an egg and feel better! Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which boosts your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more serotonin you have, the happier you will feel. Not just that, nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein food source. If you want to fight depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all loaded with omega-3s and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you fight your depression. Some grains are truly great for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really wonderful for helping boost your happiness levels. They help you feel full too which can truly help to make your mood better. It’s easy to feel low when you are starving! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood glucose which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is really excellent for your mood. You just knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is loaded with a specific amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while at the same time relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you feel better. Now you know that applies to your mood as well! As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.