Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!.
You can have Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo!
- Prepare of Leftover Turkey.
- You need of Leftover Ham.
- It’s of Leftover cornbread dressing.
- Prepare of Leftover Turkey gravy.
- It’s 2 of mashed sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 3 of celery.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 6 of large cloves garlic.
- It’s 4 of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of For roux.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable or corn oil.
Leftover Thanksgiving Gumbo! instructions
- Mince all vegetables, set aside. Remove fatty parts from ham and cut into 1 inch pieces. Heat butter in skillet and sear ham. Drain if ham releases a lot of fat and return to skillet. Add 2 cups of water and scrape sear from bottom of the pan. Reduce to lowest heat setting and allow to slowly simmer while you prepare the rest of the gumbo..
- Have a few quarts of water set to side of stove (you will need it when roux is done). In a Dutch oven use medium setting to heat oil. Test for readiness by dropping a pinch of flour into pot, if it sizzles, it's ready. Add flour one cup at a time and whisk until all is incorporated. Lower heat to medium low (I set mine on 3 or 4) and CONSTANTLY stir with metal or wooden spatula until roux is the color of chocolate. This takes 20 to 30 minutes. I pull up a bar stool, have a seat and stir :).
- When roux is ready add your vegetables and continue to stir for a few minutes more until roux is shiny and smooth. Add water that was set aside and stir..
- Add leftover gravy and stir.
- Add ham and water it's been simmering in..
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and stir..
- Fill pot with water until about 3/4 full. Add all of your seasonings and slowly bring to boil stirring occasionally. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes..
- Add Turkey and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with leftover cornbread dressing.
Going Green for Greater Health By Eating Superfoods One terrific feature of going green is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Even with the fast pace of our modern-day world, you can do this. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. The majority of folks think nothing of mistreating their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are supposed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make some necessary alterations in your life. Once your body wears out, you won’t be able to get a new one, like your car. You have to learn how to take care of your health before it is too late. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to work at optimum levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or just eat anything tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food joints? As most people opt to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, perhaps caused by the foods that are eaten. People are becoming more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Nutritious food is now found at local grocery and health food shops. Nowadays, you can find an organic food area in nearly all grocery stores. This food section is filled with what are today known as superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to retard or reverse particular diseases. By consuming these superfoods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will observe an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any illness. Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your daily diet. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other foods to include. Also, you should include yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.