Vegan Agedashi Tofu with Seaweed 🌱.
You can cook Vegan Agedashi Tofu with Seaweed 🌱 using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Agedashi Tofu with Seaweed 🌱
- You need 1 block of Soft or silken tofu.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of Potato starch.
- It’s 1 splash of oil for frying.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of Soy or ponzu (lime, yuzu, lemon or lemon verbena).
- Prepare of Vegan dashi (kombu seaweed and shittake).
- You need 1 of sprinkle of Nori Seawwed.
- It’s 1 of sprinkle of Aomori seaweed.
- Prepare of Spring onions (just the greens).
- It’s of Grated radish and/or ginger.
Vegan Agedashi Tofu with Seaweed 🌱 step by step
- Prepare the vegan dashi stock in advance. You will need to lightly simmer 1 shiitake and 1 inch piece of kombu per cup of water. A long and gentle simmer is best but if you are short of time you can make in half an hour. Cool until ready to use. Vegan dashi can be used in lots of recipes and adds umami 😋.
- Gently drain the tofu and place on kitchen paper. You can’t press in the same way as you would a firmed tofu as it’s really delicate. Cut into cubes..
- Prepare the sauce by using a little dashi stock and simmering in a pan with soy sauce or ponzu and a few pinches of sugar. The sauce will thicken slightly but don’t overcook. I seasoned mine with some lemon verbena from the garden. It should be served warm and the cubes will sit in the sauce..
- Dip each side of the tofu square into the potato flour. Heat a little oil and gently fry on each side. It should colour but not brown..
- Sprinkle with your choice of toppings (you only need a tiny bit). This time I used nori and aonori seaweed, spring onion, ginger and grated pinch radish. I also like grated white radish (mooli)..
How to Elevate Your Mood with Food Mostly, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, may improve your mood. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are terrific for helping you battle depression. Just be sure that you don’t throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the most crucial part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping raise your mood. Eggs, especially the egg yolks, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you elevate your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that control your mood. Try eating an egg and cheer up! Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all great for elevating your mood. This is possible as these foods have a bunch of magnesium which raises serotonin production. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that directs the brain how to feel at any given time. The more of it in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Nuts, in addition to improving your mood, can be a great source of protein. Cold water fish are good if you want to feel happier. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all full of omega-3 fats and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can really help you overcome depression. It’s not hard to drive away your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all excellent for helping you feel better. They help you feel full too which can truly help to improve your mood. It’s easy to feel low when you feel famished! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not hard to digest. You digest these grains more quickly than other things which can help boost your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise. Green tea is excellent for moods. You were simply expecting to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is found to be rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this particular amino acid can actually induce brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while at the same relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew that green tea helps you be healthier. Now you are well aware that it helps you to lift your moods as well! Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Test out these tips instead!