You can have Mapo Tofu using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mapo Tofu
- It’s 500 g of soft to medium-firm tofu.
- Prepare 12 of dried black mushrooms.
- You need 80 g of fermented black beans.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 8 cm of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of dried Sichuan type peppers, chopped.
- You need 4 of scallions, sliced diagonally.
- Prepare 4 g of Sichuan pepper, lightly crushed.
- It’s 80 g of chili bean paste.
- Prepare 20 g of Chinese cooking wine.
- It’s 20 g of light soy sauce.
- You need 20 g of sesame oil.
- Prepare 20 g of sugar.
- You need 8 g of corn starch.
Mapo Tofu step by step
- Soak the black mushrooms in 0.4 l water for 20 minutes, wring out the excess water back in the bowl and chop the mushrooms. Reserve the mushroom flavoured water for the sauce..
- Chop the ginger and garlic, and crush the black beans slightly..
- Stir fry the mushrooms and black beans on high heat in some peanut oil until slightly crispy and fragrant..
- Lower the heat, add the chopped ginger, garlic, Sichuan pepper, scallion whites and chili, and stir fry until fragrant and the garlic starts to brown..
- Mix the mushroom water with the chili bean paste, wine, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar and add the sauce to the wok and let simmer for a few minutes..
- Cut the tofu in inch sized cubes and add them to the sauce, stirring carefully to avoid breaking them. Let simmer on low heat until the tofu is heated through..
- Mix the corn starch with some cold water and add to the wok, and continue to simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon..
- Adjust hotness with chili oil, "mala" (the numbing quality of the Sichuan pepper) with more Sichuan pepper, saltiness with salt and sweetness with sugar. Garnish with the scallion greens..
- Serves 3-4 on its own or 6-8 as a part of a spread..
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better In general, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, can better your mood. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, test out a few of these. Eggs, would you believe, are wonderful for helping you fight depression. Just make sure that you don’t get rid of the egg yolk. When you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to improve your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–work better. Eat an egg and cheer up! Make a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all good for elevating your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that directs the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more serotonin you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein source. Cold water fish are good if you would like to feel happier. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you battle your depression. It’s easy to overcome your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really excellent for helping increase your happiness levels. These grains can help you feel full for longer also, helping you feel better. Feeling starved can truly make you feel terrible! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest and process. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your sugar levels which in turn takes your mood to a happier place. Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a specific amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You knew green tea could help you be so much healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood as well! As you can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Go with these hints instead!