You can have Agedashi Tofu using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Agedashi Tofu
- It’s 500 g of Fresh Momen Tofu *OR medium soft Tofu.
- It’s of Potato Starch Flour.
- You need of Grated Daikon Radish.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Grated Ginger.
- You need 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s of <Sauce>.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Mirin.
- You need 1 cup of Dashi Stock *OR 1 cup Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
Agedashi Tofu instructions
- Place Tofu on slightly tilted cutting board or plate with a flat-base dish or board on top as a weight, and set aside for 1/2 hour so that excess water would be removed..
- Place Dashi Stock, Soy Sauce and Mirin into a saucepan, bring it to the boil, and set aside. *Note: You can make the sauce slightly thick by adding small amount of Potato Starch if you prefer..
- Heat Oil to 180℃. Cut Tofu into about 4-5cm size, coat with Potato Starch, and fry until light golden. Drain on a rack or paper towel..
- Place fried Tofu in a bowl and cover with hot sauce. Serve with grated Daikon Radish and Ginger, and chopped Spring Onion on top..
Foods That Can Make You Happy Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly nutritious and good for us to eat. Some foods really do improve your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually great at beating back depression. Just make sure that you do not toss the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolks in particular, are high in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to raise your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that affect your mood–run better. Eat an egg and be happy! Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that dictates to your brain how you feel at all times. The more of it in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a fantastic source of protein. If you would like to fight depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all high in omega-3 and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you battle your depression. Grains can be great for driving away a bad mood. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly excellent for helping boost your happiness levels. They help you feel full too which can truly help to better your mood. Feeling famished can be terrible! These grains can improve your mood because it’s easy for your body to digest them. You digest them more quickly than other foods which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise. Green tea is really good for your mood. You were sure it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea is rich in a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while simultaneously calming the rest of your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are aware that green tea can help improve your mood as well! As you can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are bad for you just so to feel better! Try some of these instead!