Albby's authentic jollof rice. Looking for the perfect Albby's authentic jollof rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Albby's authentic jollof rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Yes Eight! ( From classic Jollof rice, to the party Jollof rice all the way down to my favourite healthier lower-calorie Jollof rice). Alright, let's get started right away, we have a lot of cooking to do. Quick notes: Jollof rice can be prepared using both parboiled medium grain rice or long grain white rice like basmati. You can cook Albby's authentic jollof rice using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Albby's authentic jollof rice
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- It’s of Ginger.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of tomato puree paste.
- It’s of Corned beef.
- You need of Complete seasoning(optional).
- You need of Hot pepper powder.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Long grain uncooked rice.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
For basmati rice, I highly recommend the sellar brand. It is a very common practise to parboil the rice before use in making any Nigwrian rice recipe (I do it sometimes too), but rinsing the rise repeatedly also works fine too. The Jolof Empire (also Djolof, Wolof), which controlled parts of Senegal and the Gambia was established as a vassal of the Mali Empire. ingredients: – green pepper – green beans – fresh carrots – fresh onions – red chili pepper – fresh galic – fresh ginger – fresh tomatoes – tomato puree/past. Add the rice, mixed vegetables, and water.
Albby's authentic jollof rice instructions
- Heat abit of cooking oil in a pot and add some chopped onions to it..
- Blend some ginger, garlic and onion with abit of water into a paste consistency..
- Add the blended consistency to the heated oil and stir..
- Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes on high heat..
- Add the chopped tomatoes to it. Afterwards, add the tomato puree to it and give it a stir..
- Cover it with a lid and allow it to simmer for 10 more minutes..
- Add your powdered pepper and spices and stir..
- Add your corned beef to the stew and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes covered with the lid..
- Add your uncooked rice and add some salt to taste to the stew. Afterwards add a good amount of boiled water to it and give it a good stir. Cover it and allow it to cook on low heat for 15 more minutes..
- Give the rice a good stir and put a plastic bag on your pot to retain the heat in the rice. Afterwards, cover it with the lid and allow to cook for 15 minutes..
- Lastly sprinkle a bit of water on the rice if it's abit hard and allow it to cook for 10 more minutes..
- The jollof is ready when it's soft and juicy! Enjoy!.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with foil and a lid. Generally speaking, jollof rice is a popular rice dish that you'll find in Ghana, Nigeria and other West African countries. Basically, it is spiced rice dish with a tomato base, cooked in a stew, usually with vegetable or chicken stock. Also, it is cooked with chopped vegetables and pieces of meat, such as beef, chicken, goat or lamb. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending on the nation.
Foods That Make Your Mood Better A lot of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that, when you eat them, can boost your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, would you believe, are terrific for helping you fight depression. Just make sure that you don’t throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the yolks particularly, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you boost your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that affect your mood–function better. Try eating an egg and cheer up! Make a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that tells your brain how you feel at all times. The higher your levels of serotonin, the happier you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of bettering your mood, can be a great source of protein. If you want to overcome depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you battle your depression. Grains can be good for overcoming a terrible mood. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly wonderful for helping raise your happiness levels. They help you feel full too which can truly help to make your mood better. Feeling starved can actually make you feel awful! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest and process. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your sugar levels which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental sharpness while calming the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that applies to your mood also! As you can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Test out these hints instead!