Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup.
You can have Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup
- Prepare 3 cups of beef roast or steak that's been cut into 1/2" cubes.
- It’s 1/2 of an onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- It’s 2 of small celery stems, chopped into 1/2" pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 of a small head of red cabbage, cut into 1/2" pieces.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 8 cups of liquid (any combo of unsalted stock & water).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of ketchup.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt to start.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 2 cups of quartered button mushrooms.
Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup instructions
- Dump all ingredients except mushrooms into a large pot (at least 5 quarts), cover, turn the heat to medium high, and let soup come to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low, add mushrooms, cover, and simmer for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until thickest pieces of cabbage are completely tender..
- Adjust seasoning if needed, and enjoy with crusty bread or rice, or just by itself! :).
Going Green for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the strongest reasons for going green is to slow down and enjoy life. It is possible to attain this, even in this hectic world we are in. We must return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. Numerous people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem instantly. Naturally, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Unlike the car buying process, you can’t exchange your worn out body for a new one. You must take care of your health while you can. Your body has to have sufficient amounts of nutrients to function at its most effective levels. Do you eat because something is available and you like what they taste or do you go for healthy foods? Do you usually eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? As most people decide to eat foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The foods we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are deciding to eat better now that they are aware of how essential food choices are to their health. Now it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Almost all grocery stores these days sell organic foods. In the organic food section, you’ll find superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious illnesses. You will discover that you think more clearly when you start to eat these superfoods. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how good you feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to run. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any illness. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other foods to include. Additionally, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy good health when you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body is likely to become disease free. Prepare for a healthy future by modifying your eating habits now.