Spicy Sausage and Tomato Quiche.
You can cook Spicy Sausage and Tomato Quiche using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sausage and Tomato Quiche
- Prepare 2 of store bought pie shells.
- Prepare 2 of rolls Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 2-4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 of green peppers, diced–or, 2 small cans diced green chilis.
- Prepare 1 container of multi-colored heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced.
- You need 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- You need 1 of tbsp*Goya Adobo garlic seasoning,–or, green chili powder.
- It’s of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded–or colby-jack.
- It’s of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Spicy Sausage and Tomato Quiche step by step
- Brown 2 lbs. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage with minced garlic, drain..
- Whip together 8 eggs with 2 cups half and half. Add diced green pepper or green chilis, diced white onion, shredded sharp cheddar cheese or colby jack, sliced cherry tomatoes, & 1 tbsp. pepper/garlic seasoning..
- Divide the browned sausage on bottom of two store bought pie crusts. Pour egg/veggie mixture over both. Top with some shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375 for about 45-50 min's..
How to Improve Your Mood with Food Many of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that actually can boost your moods when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, test out a couple of these. Eggs, you may be amazed to find out, are wonderful at battling depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can be terrific for lifting up your mood. This is because they increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Try eating an egg and cheer up! Make a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all wonderful for improving your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which boosts your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more serotonin in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein food source. Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you are wanting to beat back depression. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fats. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can greatly boost your mood. Some grains are actually great for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all great for helping you be in a happier state of mind. These foods can help you feel full for longer as well, which is a mood improver. It’s not difficult to feel depressed when you feel famished! These grains can help your mood elevate because it’s not at all difficult for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your blood sugar which in turn takes your mood to a happier place. Green tea is actually excellent for your mood. You knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea has been found to be packed full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies show that this specific amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This will improve your brain’s concentration while at the same calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew how easy it is to become healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also! You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try a few of these instead!