You can have Moules Mariniere using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moules Mariniere
- Prepare 1 of Fresh mussels.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of half an onion.
- You need 1 bunch of of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of glass white wine.
- It’s 50 of 100ml single cream or cream lite.
- You need 50 of 100ml single cream or cream lite.
- You need 1 of chopped tomato (optional).
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of or 2 rashers smoked bacon, finely chopped.
Moules Mariniere step by step
- Heat a large pan with a dash of olive oil and add the chopped garlic and onion and smoked bacoon (and chopped tomato), the tomato can be substituted for peas and i really just to add a bit of colour..
- Add the glass of wine to the pan and the mussels. Add half a glass of water also. Add the fresh parsley. Cover the pan and steam on high untill all of the mussel shells are open, which takes about 5 to 10 minutes..
- Take off the heat and stir in the cream. Serve in a large bowl with crusty bread. Remember to discard any mussels whose shell remains closed!!.
How to Boost Your Mood with Food Many of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we must keep away from them. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to consume. Several foods honestly do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be really terrific at fighting back depression. You should make sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping you cheer up. Eggs, especially the yolks, are full of B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to boost your mood. This is because they improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Try eating an egg and cheer up! Make several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because these foods are high in magnesium, which helps to boost your production of serotonin. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more of it in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a superb source of protein. Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you want to fight depression. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all rich in omega-3 fats and DHA. These are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight depression. Some grains are really great for repelling bad moods. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all great for helping you feel happier. These grains fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods as well. It’s easy to feel depressed when you are starving! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest and process. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood glucose which in turn takes your mood to a happier place. Green tea is actually great for your mood. You knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is high in a certain amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies show that this particular amino acid can essentially stimulate brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You probably already knew it is not hard to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you are well aware that it helps you to elevate your moods as well! See, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a couple of of these tips instead.