Brad's German potato salad.
You can have Brad's German potato salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's German potato salad
- You need 3 lbs of youkon gold or white potatoes.
- You need 1/2 of LG sweet onion.
- You need 1 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon, chopped and fried. Reserve grease.
- It’s 1 of med red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white or cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tbs of mustard seed.
- You need 6 of green onions, chop green and white parts.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Brad's German potato salad step by step
- Peel, cube and cover potatoes with water in a Dutch oven. Add yellow onion, 1 tsp salt, and chicken bouillon. Boil until tender..
- At same time, fry bacon. When done, drain on paper towel. Reserve grease..
- When potatoes are done, drain in a colander. Discard onion. Keep dutch oven handy..
- Fry red onion in bacon grease until tender..
- Return potatoes to the Dutch oven. Keep covered with a lid..
- When onions are tender, add mustard seed, and vinegar to the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes..
- Add to potatoes, including all liquid and bacon grease. Add rest of ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix well and let sit on the counter for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve and enjoy..
Information on How to Elevate Your Mood with Food A lot of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we should avoid them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that basically can improve your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, you might be amazed to learn, are fantastic at fighting depression. Just be sure that you don’t toss out the egg yolk. The yolk is the most essential part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are high in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to elevate your mood. This is because they increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Eat an egg and feel a lot happier! Put together some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all wonderful for elevating your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given time. The more you have of it, the happier you will feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a terrific protein source. Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you wish to beat back depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all high in omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you overcome your depression. Some grains are truly excellent for repelling bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really wonderful for helping raise your happiness levels. They help you feel full also which can really help to better your mood. It’s not hard to feel depressed when you are starving! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. You digest these grains quicker than other things which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise. Green tea is excellent for moods. You were sure it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while also loosening up the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to become healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are aware that green tea helps you to elevate your moods also! See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try a couple of of these tips instead.