Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops). How To Make Smothered Pork Chops – Comfort Food Classic #SoulFoodSunday. World's Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe. Smothered Pork Chops are a classic American dish that is easy to make and full of delicious flavor.
This smothered pork chops recipe is legit simple. The gravy makes itself right in the slow cooker with the pork chops so you basically just dump everything in Itp t shows the thickness of the gravy a bit better. If you wanted it thicker, you could leave out the chicken broth next time or try thickening it up. You can have Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops)
- You need pack of Chicken thighs or boneless pork chops family size.
- You need 1/2 – 1 tbsp of seasoning.
- It’s To taste of Garlic powder.
- It’s To taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of Cayenne.
- It’s To taste of Tony’s or other creole seasoning.
- You need 1/2-1 of bell pepper (depending on size).
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 2-3 of stalk’s celery.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need As needed of Olive oil or vegetable oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- You need Approx 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kitchen bouquet.
Smothered Pork Chops – Juicy and delicious pan-seared pork chops cooked in a rich and delicious gravy. More Ways to Search: Recipe Index · Ingredients Index. You are looking for very soft and caramelized onions. Then, we stir in chicken broth and scrape up all.
Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) instructions
- Make a a Glass of wine or drink of choice because why not!.
- Season your meat WELL and set to the side.
- Chop onions, bell pepper, celery and combine with minced garlic (fresh or jar).
- Fry seasoned meat in oil in large skillet until browned on both sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the drippings in the pan sauté the vegetables and add a little water to keep them moist (anything stuck to the pan will come up in this step).
- Once sauted and soft, add remainder of water and then stir in 1 tbsp of flour and mix until slightly thick and then add kitchen bouquet and mix until desired color.
- Add meat back into mixture and cover continue to cook on low heat until meat is tender. (Note you can also transfer to dutch oven or pan and bake which I think is easiest).
- Add more seasoning to taste if needed and voila!.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy with a side vegetable like green beans!.
The Best Pork Chop Recipe : Smothered Pork Chops Recipe. Growing up, one of my favorite The usual liquid for gravy is water but to add more flavor to this pork chop gravy, I added chicken stock. Lightly breaded pork chops are smothered in a rich savory and well seasoned brown gravy resulting. Smothered pork chops are a Southern comfort classic featuring pan-fried pork chops covered in simple, creamy, and savory onion gravy. Easy to make, it requires less than an hour to serve this filling and flavorful meal.
Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood For the most part, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. There are some foods that really can raise your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try several of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are fantastic for helping you fight depression. You should be sure, however, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk particularly, are stuffed full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for boosting your mood. This is because they increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Eat an egg and feel happier! Put together a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all good for improving your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that tells the brain how to feel at any given time. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a fantastic source of protein. Cold water fish are great for eating if you are wanting to fight depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all chock-full of omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you overcome depression. Grains can be wonderful for driving away a bad mood. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all wonderful for helping you feel happier. They fill you up better and that can help you with your moods too. Feeling famished can really bring you down! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not hard to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your blood glucose which in turn takes your mood to a happier place. Green tea is excellent for moods. You knew it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea is rich in a specific amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You knew green tea could help you feel so much healthier. Now you know that applies to your mood too! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!