You can have Chicken Biryani using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk yogurt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of grated ginger.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken thighs.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 box of Shan biryani seasoning.
- Prepare 1 lb of basmati rice.
- Prepare 3 of star anise.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 4 of green cardamom pods.
- Prepare 4 of whole cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of whole black peppercorns.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 pinch of saffron.
Chicken Biryani step by step
- Pretty heat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the yogurt, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl and then coat the chicken with the mixture. Allow to marinate for up to 2 hours..
- Heat the milk to steaming in a small bowl and add the saffron to steep while the rest is being prepared..
- Saute the onion in the ghee in a Dutch oven or a deep oven proof skillet with a lid..
- I used Shan biryani seasoning at the recommendation of my friend who grew up with this. I'm sure you could also use any recipe for biryani seasoning found online..
- When the onions are starting to brown, add the spices and continue cooking, scraping the bottom for ~1 min.
- Add the chicken and yogurt mixture to the onions and continue to cook ~ 5 min, flipping once and scraping the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat..
- Add the whole spices, salt and 2 quarts water to a 3 quart pot. Bring to a boil..
- Add the rice to the water and bring to a boil. Boil two minutes, and then drain, reserving the whole spices..
- Add the drained Rice and the reserved spices to the chicken..
- Drizzle the saffron milk over the rice..
- Place a wetted wax paper sheet on the top of the rice..
- Soak and ring out a dish towel and then place on top of the wax paper..
- Place a lid on dutch oven and bake 1 hour at 350. Turn the oven off and then let dish sit inside the oven another 30 min..
- Serve with yogurt mixed with cucumbers or preserved curried limes..
Use Food to Improve Your Mood Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. Some foods really do boost your mood when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, try a couple of these. Eggs, would you believe, are terrific for helping you fight depression. You must be sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. Whenever you would like to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can be terrific for elevating your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Try eating an egg and be happy! Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all fantastic for helping to boost your mood. This is because these nuts are rich in magnesium, which helps to increase your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that directs the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein food source. If you wish to overcome depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you battle your depression. It’s not difficult to overcome your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are fantastic at helping you have a happier mood. They can help you feel full for longer as well, helping you feel better. It’s not hard to feel depressed when you feel hungry! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood. Green tea is really excellent for your mood. You were simply expecting to read that in this article, weren’t you? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental acuity while calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are well aware that it helps you to lift your moods as well! Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!