Banga soup. This Banga soup is one of many delta state soups in Nigeria. While it is indigenous to the Deltas, it is also loved and enjoyed by both People from Edo state and all over the Niger Delta states. Nigerian Banga Soup or Ofe Akwu is native to the Niger Delta and the South Eastern parts of Nigeria.
Banga soup is popularly eaten with starch but I love mine with pounded yam or Eba. Its still the month of August and it is still the 'meals on a budget' month. Banga Soup : Delta State Native Banga Soup. You can have Banga soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banga soup
- Prepare cubes of Salt and seasoning.
- Prepare of Palm nut (Banga).
- You need of Crayfish(grinded).
- Prepare of Shrimps(cleaned, seasoned).
- Prepare of Snails (washed).
- It’s of Chicken.
- Prepare of Dryfish.
- It’s of Perewinkles.
- You need of Onions (diced).
- You need of Local spices (pounded).
- You need of Dry bitterleave soup.
Banga Soup is a Nigerian soup that is native to the Southernarts of Nigeria. It is very similar to the Igbo's Ofe Akwu, but the additional spices used for. Banga soup is one of the best nourishing soup you can make with palm nut. All it takes is an assortment of spice flavorings, an assortment of meat and.
Banga soup instructions
- Wash and boil palm nut till soft the hit with a mortar till the Kernel is seperated from the body and then use hot water to extract the oil and sieve into a pot, put the pot on high heat and allow to boil.
- White it's boiling to dry, cook chicken, snail and fresh fish with onions, salt, pepper, cubes till half done and set aside. Add water to the pounded spices and sieve the extracted fluid into the pot of banga, add crayfish, add dry bitterleave and allow to boil..
- When the oil extract has reduced add the meat stock and allow to boil to dry up a bit more then add ur shrimps, perewinkles, snails, meat, dryfish, salt and cubes to taste and stir, then add the catfish on top carefully and dnt stir just allow to boil, the fluid will begin to thicken as it boils because the protein is much and breaking slowly as it's boiling.
- When the water has reduced to desired level, stir carefully, you might want to remove the fresh fish first if you can't be too careful, stir and taste that it's okay and then turn off heat, serve with preferred swallow..
Banga Soup is a very popular Nigerian Palm nut soup, it's a Delta/Urhobo favourite. The preparation method of Banga soup varies from tribe to tribe. The Igbo version is called Ofe Akwu which includes. Banga or ofe akwu is a flavorful Nigerian soup made with palm fruit, beef or dried fish, vegetables, and seasonings such as salt and chili pepper. The soup is traditionally paired with various fufu dishes.
Information on How to Elevate Your Mood with Food Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly nourishing and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, may boost your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these. Eggs, would you believe, are wonderful for helping you combat depression. Just see to it that you don’t throw away the yolk. The yolk is the most important part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolks in particular, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be terrific for raising your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that affect your mood. Eat an egg and feel happier! Make a trail mixout of different seeds and nuts. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to increase your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more serotonin in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not only that but nuts, particularly, are a fantastic source of protein. Cold water fish are excellent if you would like to be in a better mood. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you fight your depression. Some grains are truly excellent for driving away bad moods. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all excellent for helping you feel happier. They can help you feel full for longer as well, which can help your mood too. It’s easy to feel a little bit off when you feel hungry! These grains can improve your mood because it’s not at all hard for your body to digest them. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood. Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea is high in a specific amino acid called L-theanine. Studies prove that this specific amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You likely already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you consume green tea. And now you know green tea can help improve your mood as well! Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these suggestions instead.