Flaky crust beef patty. Jamaican beef patties are made with a rich flaky yellow pastry dough filled with seasoned ground beef. The pastry dough is made with flour, butter or shortening and beef This is mainly used to make pastry dough with leads to a flakier pastry crust. Why Is The Jamaican Beef Patty Dough Yellow?
Hey everyone this video is How to make Jamaican Beef Patty's, and you'll just have to tune in to see how it turned out ! I hope you all enjoy ! Jamaican Beef Patties – Thin, flaky and buttery yellow crust with a mighty seasoned curried beef filling. You can cook Flaky crust beef patty using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flaky crust beef patty
- You need 4 cup of All purpose flour (plus more for dusting.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 oz of shortening.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of iced water.
- Prepare 5 oz of butter.
- You need 1 of BEEF FILLING.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of all spice powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or more.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of scotch bonnet pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Make a big batch because this Jamaican beef patty will disappear fast! This post may contain affiliate links. I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through. Beef Jamaican patties by Whisk it Gud.
Flaky crust beef patty instructions
- In a food processor or by hand, mix together, flour, salt, sugar. Add the butter, shortening, followed by vinegar and water in small amounts, pulse until combined and dough holds together in a ball..
- Place the dough on a well -floured surface. Divide it into 2 and roll it out. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes until ready to use..
- Using a large mouth, glass or bowl about 4 – 5 " cut out circles by gently pressing on the dough and releasing it, shaping the meat pie dough. Continue cutting out dough until all dough has been cut. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use..
- Make the Meat pie filling..
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil to a saucepan, followed by onions, garlic, paprika, thyme curry, chili powder, white pepper, allspice and chicken bouillon . Let it simmer for about 2 minutes..
- Then, add ground meat, bread crumbs and continue cooking for about 10 or more minutes.stirring frequently to prevent burning, add about ½ cup of water ..
- Finally add green onions and parsley, adjust for salt and pepper seasoning..
- Remove from stove top and let it cool..
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of filling into each circle, and brush with egg white or white around half of the circle. Fold over twist with fingers gently to seal the edges of the meat pie..
- Another way of sealing is by pressing the tines of a fork along the edges of the dough..
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Carefully place each pie on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes..
- Serve when done..
Jamaican beef patties are a favorite of mine! I remember the first time I had homemade ones. I was a kid and my Jamaican neighbor, at that time invited my siblings and me over for her kids birthday party. Jamaican beef patties are made with a flaky pastry and filled with a fragrant seasoned beef filling. Serve hot, or cool slightly, half.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Terrific Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that most folks appreciate. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We must take a step back and fix diseases before they come about. A lot of men and women think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without hearing about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you can’t trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You mustn’t delay or it will be too late to take care of yourself. Your body needs sufficient amounts of nutrients to operate at its optimum levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat the food that tastes good at the time? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? Since people choose to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. A growing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases due to the foods they consume. People are deciding to eat better now that they realize how important food choices are to their health. Lots of good food are now found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Majority of grocery stores now sell organic foods. There you will be able to see what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious health conditions. By consuming these foods, your body will more fit. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how well you will soon feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to run. As a result, your immune system will easily ward off health conditions. Make sure you integrate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. First off, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, try adding some veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Add in whole grains and nuts. Furthermore, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living eating plan will give you just what you need for good health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices right now.