Stingray with Spicy Gravy. Stingray spicy gravy/Sambal ikan pari. #Stingrayfish #Spicygravy #தினம்தினம்கடல்பயணம்#பிரசவித்த தாய்மார்களுக்கு உகந்தமீன். #Stingrays are a group of sea #rays, which are cartilaginous fish related to #sharks. Rays are edible, and may be caught as food using fishing lines or spears. For example, in Malaysia and Singapore, stingray is commonly grilled over charcoal, then served with spicy sambal sauce, or soy sauce.
If you're heading to a tropical destination close to the Caribbean Sea, chances are you might get a chance to swim with stingrays on a guided tour. Tourists drop millions of dollars each year to experience. Learn about the stingrays defenses against predators, what stingrays eat, where they live, how many species there are, and much more. You can cook Stingray with Spicy Gravy using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stingray with Spicy Gravy
- You need 1 of medium stingray fish – cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 of large onion – thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes – slices.
- It’s 3 of green chili – cut into slices.
- Prepare 3 of stems of curry leaves.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic and 1 inch ginger – blend/mash/grated.
- You need 3 of baby corn – cut small.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish curry powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of spices mix (fenugreek, fennel, mustard seed, cumin and urad).
- It’s 1 cup of tamarind water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thin coconut milk.
- You need of Mixture of 1 cup evaporated lowfat milk with 1/2 sliced onions and tomatoes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare of For garnish; slices of onions, gren chilies and curry leaves.
Read on and enjoy our interesting information about stingrays. Like their cousin the shark , stingrays do not have bones, their skeletons are instead made of cartilage. The stingray was seasoned with a thick layer of sambal, and then wrapped in a banana leaf. They didn't use charcoal, although I think it would have been even better had they done so, but instead used a hot surface.
Stingray with Spicy Gravy instructions
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- For tamarind water: Take lemon size of tamarind. Add ½ cup of hot water over the tamarind. Soak the tamarind for about 10 minutes. This process helps to soften the tamarind. Next step use fingers to mash the tamarind into the water until it is completely soft. This helps to extract the juice from the tamarind. Next, strain the tamarind water into another bowl. Add another 1/2 cup of water and mash the pulp once again to make more tamarind water. The tamarind water is now ready for use in gravy..
- To remove the fishy smells from the stingray, soak the fish pieces for 30 minutes with 1 tbsp salt and a handful tamarind. Then wash well..
- Heat oil, add mix spices, onion, tomato green chilli and curry leaves. Saute well. Next add ginger and garlic paste and baby corn. Sauté again for 1 to 2 min..
- Next add all 3 types of curry powder and other spices powder. Give it a stir. Then add water and salt. Slowly stir everything together..
- Bring to boil. Over in low flame, cook until the traces of oil appear on the surface. Once the oil separates, add tamarind juice and thin coconut milk. Stir and let boil for few minutes..
- Then add evaporated low-fat milk mixture. Let boil for 2 to 3 min again..
- Once gravy thicken slightly, add the fish 1 by 1 and simmer until cooked through. Cook on medium flame. Don't stir too hard. The fish breaks easily if stir too much. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Lastly sprinkle the sliced onion, green chili and curry leaves over the gravy to enhance the aroma. Turn off the flame when the green chili changes it's color. Serve with hot rice..
Within the banana leaf wrapper, the stingray sort of steamed, baked. Cartoons are for kids and Adults! Stingrays are a group of sea rays, which are cartilaginous fish related to sharks. They are classified in the suborder Myliobatoidei of the order Myliobatiformes and consist of eight families: Hexatrygonidae. A woman reaches out to touch a stingray, while on an excursion from a cruise.
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods One of the best points of green living is to slow down and revel in life. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we live in. We should get back to where it was a lot better to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of folks think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the latest pill to treat your health problems. Naturally, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. As soon as your body wears out, you cannot trade it in for a new one, like your car. You need to look after yourself while you have the ability to do so. Your body cannot function properly if it does not have adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat whatever tastes good at the time? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food joints? Consuming sugar and starches, and also oily foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are being discovered all of the time? An increasing number of folks are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they consume. People are becoming more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Now it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. These days, you can find an organic food section in just about all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious illnesses. Ingesting these foods will help your mental health. You will start to feel a lot better when you choose to consume the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will start to function as it is supposed to when you provide it with the correct nutrition. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any disease. Make sure you add these superfoods into your diet. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole food grains and nuts. Also, you may want to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits now.