Vickys Scottish Whisky Buttered Bacon, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Scottish Whisky Buttered Bacon, GF DF EF SF NF using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Whisky Buttered Bacon, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 450 grams of bacon (8 – 12 thinly sliced rashers).
- It’s 3 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Scottish whisky (all spirits are gluten-free, see link below).
- It’s 2 tsp of soft brown sugar.
Vickys Scottish Whisky Buttered Bacon, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the slices of bacon and fry over a medium – high heat for 2 or 3 minutes until nicely browned underneath. You may need to do this in 2 batches.
- Turn the bacon and drizzle the whisky and brown sugar over. Cook on a high heat for around 30 seconds. Season with pepper and remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve with pancakes, waffles, omelette, scrambled eggs or my personal favourite, a full Scottish breakfast – guaranteed hangover cure! Remember to pour the butter / bacon / whisky sauce over the top! The items included in a Full Scottish are listed at the end of my Black Pudding recipe https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334453-vickys-scottish-black-pudding-blood-sausage.
Try Using Food to Elevate Your Mood Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nourishing and good for us to eat. There are some foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, test out some of these. Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly terrific at dealing with depression. You should be sure, though, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most important part of the egg in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, specifically the egg yolks, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can genuinely help you elevate your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that affect your mood–work better. Consume an egg and feel a lot happier! Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a great source of protein. Cold water fish are good if you would like to feel better. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression. It’s not hard to drive away your bad mood when you are eating grains. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They can help you feel full for longer also, which can help your mood too. It’s not hard to feel low when you feel famished! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not difficult for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood sugar which in turn takes your mood to a happier place. Green tea is truly good for your mood. You were just expecting to read that in this article, weren’t you? Green tea has been found to be packed full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies show that this particular amino acid can basically induce brain waves. This helps improve your mental sharpness while calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know that applies to your mood also! As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!