You can cook Mussels Marinara using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mussels Marinara
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of salt and water to cook the pasta.
- You need 8 ounces of linguine- cook by the package directions.
- You need 1/2 of of an onion — finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 of each jalapeno — finely diced (with seeds makes spicier -Your choice:).
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic — finely chopped.
- You need 4 of each mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes- quartered- or a cup of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 ounce of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of dry,thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dry,oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (If you like a slightly sweeter sauce adjust at the end:).
- You need 1 cup of clam juice.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 pounds of mussels cleaned – no dead ones.
- You need 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 ounce of basil – fine chiffonade/ribbon cut.
- You need as needed of Parmesan.
Mussels Marinara step by step
- Clean mussels- they should be closed, and if anything is hanging off pull and cut seaweed or beard. If open tap on counter three or four times to see if it closes. If it stays open throw it away. Dead shellfish will make you very sick..
- Place a 4 quart pot on and fill with 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil add a 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- In a 4 quart pot, cook off pasta and set aside.
- Add the thyme,oregano, pepper, salt, sugar and clam juice and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add mussels and tomato sauce Cover and cook until mussels have opened about 10 minutes. Discard any mussels that have not opened after that. Toss in basil and adjust seasonings if needed..
- Mix the mussels and sauce with pasta and serve Parmesan on top as you like..
- Note -I like adding peeled shrimp and scallops to make a Seafood Marinara I add them at the same time as I add the mussels. The scallops should be firm and the shrimp pink..
Going Green for Good Health By Eating Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that numerous people appreciate. This is possible regardless of how busy and frenzied your life is. We have to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Unfortunately, most people don’t trouble themselves about their health because they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the latest pill to cure you of your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary modifications in your life. Unlike purchasing a new car, you cannot exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You must learn how to look after your health before it is too late. Your body cannot run correctly if it fails to get the right nutrition. Do you eat because food is available and you love the taste or do you choose nutritional foods? Do you typically eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food restaurants? Ingesting sugar and starches, as well as greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are being discovered all of the time? The foods we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. A lot of people are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Healthy food is now found at local grocery and health food stores. Most likely, your local grocery store now has an organic food area. In the organic food section, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to slow down a number of diseases, or even overturn them. By consuming these foods, your body will become healthier. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you opt to consume the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will begin to function as it was meant to when you supply it with the correct nutrition. In this case, the immune system will be able to fight off any malady. Be sure to add these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not add a few beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, mainly walnuts. In addition, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods daily, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Green living provides you with a solid diet plan, with all of the good ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially become disease free. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.