Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels. This chunky chowder is the perfect one-bowl dinner for those chilly winter evenings at home. With the sunny seafood and yellow corn peeking through a light coconut broth, you'll quickly forget you haven't seen the sun in weeks. If you're not a fan of red mullet, leave it out – this chowder will still pack a.
This corn and seafood chowder is a hearty, creamy mixture of scallops, shrimp, potatoes, and corn. Use clam broth, fish stock or shrimp stock. You can enjoy this as a lunch dish or a soup course for dinner. You can have Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels
- You need 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, minced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of large shallot, minced.
- Prepare 1 of serrano chili, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk.
- You need 3 cups of vegetable or fish stock.
- It’s 6 of medium yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes.
- You need 1 can (340 ml) of sweet whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 tsp of palm sugar.
- You need 1 box of half-shell mussels (about 36).
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions, chopped.
Serve the chowder with freshly baked biscuits or crusty bread, along with a simple salad. Recipe by Brooke the Cook in. This makes a big pot of thick seafood chowder, you almost need a fork to eat it! Our easy corn chowder recipe highlights the taste of sweet corn.
Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, shallot and chili and fry for 1 minute..
- Add the fish sauce to the pot and cook another minute. Add the coconut milk, stock and potatoes. Simmer 5 minutes, then add the can of corn. Simmer another 5 minutes until the potatoes are tender..
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop out half of the potatoes and corn, then blitz the rest with an immersion blender. Return the potatoes and corn to the pot. Stir in the palm sugar..
- Remove the mussels from their shells and clean them well. Add them to the chowder and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and fresh cracked white pepper as needed. Serve with a sprinkle of green onions..
You can make it with fresh or frozen corn, making this a go-to recipe all year round. German Chocolate Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting. Muji Is Selling Its Own Plant-Based Meat. Curried Mussel and Butternut Squash Soup. This easy vegan corn chowder is cozy and delicious!
Going Green for Better Health By Consuming Superfoods One terrific feature of going green is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is attainable regardless of how filled and hectic your life is. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. A lot of individuals think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. Everywhere you look, you hear about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike buying a car, you won’t be able to exchange your exhausted body for a new one. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to look after yourself. Your body cannot run correctly if it doesn’t get adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? Because most people opt to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are being discovered. The foods we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. People are opting to eat better now that they know how essential food choices are to their health. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. In all probability, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. In this section of the store, you’ll be able to find superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse some diseases. By ingesting these superfoods, your body will become healthier. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note a surprising increase in how much better you feel. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will function the way it is supposed to work. As a result, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. See to it that you add these superfoods into your daily diet. First off, beans are great, and berries, in particular blueberries. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole cereals, and oats, along with a variety of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Furthermore, you need to have yogurt, soybean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. By consuming these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight gain problems. Green living equips you with a good diet plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits now.