Caramel Muffins. Great For Breakfast Time, Snack Time, Any Time. Get A Little Taste of Heaven Today! We Hope Your Family Enjoys Little Bites® As Much As We Love Baking Them.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. You can cook Caramel Muffins using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Muffins
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 40 grams of Soft light brown sugar or white caster sugar.
- You need 100 grams of ●Cake flour.
- It’s 3 grams of ●Baking powder.
- You need 30 grams of Butter.
- It’s 30 grams of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 50 grams of Caramel chocolate chips or nuts.
- It’s of Caramel.
- It’s 40 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 50 grams of Milk.
Grease, line or spray muffin pan. Sift flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in brown sugar and pecans. Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving if desired and use caution as caramel center will be molten after removed from the oven.
Caramel Muffins instructions
- Make the caramel. Combine granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of water in a sauce pan and heat until the sugar mixture looks like this. Microwave the milk..
- Turn the heat off and add the warmed milk (be careful of the hot steam!). After the milk is added, the caramel will start to harden….
- Heat over low and stir with a wooden spatula to melt the hardened caramel. It will turn into a glossy caramel color once it melts and blends with the milk..
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy (add a little oil if the mixture is too grainy and difficult to beat)..
- Add eggs and vegetable oil and mix well..
- Sift the ● ingredients and add half to the bowl. Mix lightly and add the Step 3 caramel. Mix well, add the rest of the dry ingredients, and stir..
- Reserve some of caramel chocolate chips for the topping and stir the rest into the batter..
- Put the batter into the moulds and scatter the reserved caramel chocolate chips. Bake in an oven preheated to 170ºC for about 30 minutes..
- It is done..
- Decorate with cupcake wrappers. They'll make nice presents..
Bake off remaining batter the same way. Working quickly, remove the muffin tin from the oven and drop a heaping teaspoon of caramel sauce or dulce de leche into the center of each muffin (no need to press down into the batter). Make the caramel while the muffins are cooling. By the time the caramel is ready, the muffins should be just about room temperature. It's important to drizzle on the caramel when it's still hot as it will firm up and thicken as it cools.
Use Food to Boost Your Mood Most of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these. Eggs, you might be surprised to learn, are fantastic at battling depression. Just see to it that you don’t throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk especially, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you boost your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that affect your mood. Try consuming a couple of eggs to feel better! Put together a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is possible since these foods are high in magnesium which raises serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more serotonin in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a great source of protein. Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you are wanting to beat back depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can really help you fight your depression. It’s not difficult to fight your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all wonderful for helping you feel happier. They can help you feel full for longer too, helping you feel better. It’s not hard to feel a little bit off when you are starving! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not hard for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your sugar levels which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place. Green tea is actually great for your mood. You were just anticipating to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually stimulates brain waves. This helps better your mental sharpness while relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you become healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood as well! Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a couple of of these tips instead.