Crispy Toffee Caramel Popcorn. Send A Variety Of Holiday Popcorn Gifts – Seasonal Treats Perfect For Holiday Festivities. Coated in a buttery, caramel mixture, the popcorn is studded with roasted, salted peanuts and baked until crunchy and toffee-like. Great recipe for Crispy Toffee Caramel Popcorn.
With ingredients like European butter and rich molasses, each of these divine kernels is perfectly crunchy and deliciously sweet. Homemade Caramel Popcorn that is buttery, rich, salty, sweet, crispy and better than any store-bought caramel corn at a fraction of the price! This Caramel Popcorn is out of this world! You can cook Crispy Toffee Caramel Popcorn using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy Toffee Caramel Popcorn
- You need 8 cup of popped plain unseasned popcorn.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper if you like it with a bit more heat add 1/4 teaspoon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
It is shockingly easy, made with a handful of pantry ingredients and doesn't even require a candy thermometer! It's crunchy, deeply caramelized, and you have the option of adding nuts or drizzles of chocolate. In another microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt. Stir in vanilla and baking soda.
Crispy Toffee Caramel Popcorn step by step
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray. Or use a large disposable foil baking pan, spray that with non stick spay if using.
- Combine all ingredients FXCEPT popcorn in heavy saucepan, bring to a boil the reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Have popcorn ready on the prepared baking sheet pour hot caramel over popcorn and combine well. A rimmed cookie sheet works best so the popcorn stays on while mixing,.
- Bake in the preheated 250 oven for 1 hour mixing well every 15 minutes.
- You know its done when all the caramel has coated the popcorn and is well glazed.
- For a variation you can add cashews, peanuts, pecans or any unsalted nut about 1/4 cup added with the popcorn.
- When removing finished popcorn from oven, transfer to a large piece of foil to cool. Store at room temperature in a Ziploc bag.
The secret to a great caramel popcorn that's evenly coated with caramel with a thin, crispy coating of caramel (rather that globs of sticky caramel) is baking soda and baking the popcorn to dry it out. Making crunchy caramel popcorn is a two step process. First you make a simple caramel sauce on the stovetop by boiling butter and brown sugar for a few minutes. Then you coat the popcorn with caramel sauce and bake it in the oven until dry and crispy. Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better A lot of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we should keep away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for you. A number of foods honestly do raise your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional boost, test out a couple of these. Eggs, you might be amazed to find out, are terrific at battling depression. Just see to it that you don’t throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk especially, are stuffed full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be great for elevating your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Try eating a couple of eggs to feel better! Put together a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be raised by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because these nuts are rich in magnesium, which helps to increase your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that dictates to your brain how you feel all the time. The more of this chemical in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein source. Cold water fish are great for eating if you want to fight depression. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously raise your mood. Grains can be wonderful for overcoming a bad mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are great at helping you feel better. They can help you feel full for longer as well, helping you feel better. Feeling famished can really make you feel terrible! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your glucose levels which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place. Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You were just waiting to read that in this article, weren’t you? Green tea has been found to be chock-full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while at the same time relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you become better. Now you are well aware that it helps you to elevate your moods too! As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Try some of these suggestions instead.