Chicken Penne alla Vodka.
You can cook Chicken Penne alla Vodka using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Penne alla Vodka
- Prepare 1 lb of penne pasta.
- It’s 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of vodka.
- It’s 14 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- You need to taste of Fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s of Fresh grated parmesan.
Chicken Penne alla Vodka instructions
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Cook sliced chicken in 2 tbsp butter and olive oil. When thoroughly cooked, remove from pan and set aside..
- Saute onion and garlic until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove pan from flame and add vodka. Reduce for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, then pour in heavy cream.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Reduce heat to a simmer, then add last tablespoon of butter.
- Add drained pasta and chicken, then toss to coat. Serve with grated parmesan.
Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better For the most part, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is very true. Other times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, could improve your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these. Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you fight depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the egg yolk. Every time you want to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most crucial part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you raise your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Try consuming a few eggs to jolly up! Make several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be elevated by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is because these nuts are rich in magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Nuts, in addition to elevating your mood, can be a superb protein source. Cold water fish are great if you would like to feel better. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all chock-full of omega-3s and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you overcome your depression. Some grains are actually wonderful for fighting off bad moods. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. These foods can help you feel full for longer also, which can help your mood too. Feeling famished can be terrible! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not hard for your body to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood. Green tea is actually great for your mood. You were simply anticipating to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This helps better your mental acuity while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you be healthier. Now you are well aware that it helps you to raise your moods also! As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try a couple of of these suggestions instead.